Monday, September 27, 2010

So it Begins..

Today marks the official day of the countdown. 50 in 50. The day began fairly uneventful. You know, that comatose state we are all in before that first cup of coffee goes down. And is it me, or are these coffee makers brewing at a glacier pace?   I was going to take the day off because I thought I had a more pressing issue away from OLC, but turned out I did not, so to work I went. I was excited because the day I had been waiting for had arrived, and more importantly, I knew that the appointment to get my hair extensions was only hours away. I sat in that chair for four hours. Might seem like a long time, but the salon was closed to everyone else, so Dora and I talked non stop about life and love and days gone by. I told her about a guy I knew in high school and my current effort to find him (John) in all these websites were no one is safe anymore. I was never his girlfriend, but we were friends with benefits. Of course we were, I had a job, a car, the janitor's keys, and always scored really good dope. A friend with weed is a friend indeed remember. Gradually the extensions went in after wincing in pain for hours and silently thinking, what the f*** possessed me to sign up for this.
I really underestimated the work and cost involved in this endeavor. I should have negotiated the price beforehand but I did not. For a few seconds it felt like a shakedown, but its my own fault and since I have vowed to live regret-free, I forgot about it the second I tore the check off. She did an awesome job and I left there thinking I'm in the wrong line of work. So how do they look you wonder? Well, I think they look good; and if I was thinking of dressing up like one of those Oktoberfest girls that parade around in that dress with their boobs hanging out for Halloween, I'm set.
The few people who have seen me have used words like wow, oh yes, awesome, hmmmm(?) and nice, to describe my not so subtle extensions. My uncle did ask me if had main-lined Rogaine to which I said, of course. My sister said I looked beautiful, but she also asked me if I had seen her glasses. 
My mom really likes my new hair and said I looked 10 years younger. But with her, everyone looks 10 years younger or older and everything is only 20 minutes away.  And speaking of my mom, I told her yesterday that today would be super hot in Fillmore as it has been for a few days now, but she refused to go to my aunts house in Oxnard and said she was staying here. Well, I completely forgot that I negotiated a deal with SCE to turn off my AC Unit when the demand is high, so around 3:00 pm, they turned off the unit and Mom and my babydog Timmy both had their tongues hanging out when I got home at 5:00 oclock. They were both red in the face and the house was 80 degrees inside and 107 degrees outside. My poor mama. I made it up to her by taking her to Oxnard tonite to see the family. She goes home tomorrow $700.00 richer. She went to the Chumash for the weekend.

My yummy drink (Cosmopolitan) is gone and I'm done for the day. I craved Champagne tonite, but I had none.I  think I'll get a pedicure tomorrow since I had my hair done today and a manicure before that.

Goodnite. Thanks for reading.

(If you are reading this, of all the things I want to give you, a kidney was never on the list).

No comments:

Post a Comment