Saturday, October 2, 2010

...............the whole forest..

Sorry I have not written. I have tried for days now but things just seem to have gotten in the way. But I'm back now. I have experienced alot of things gettting in the way of other things lately. Not sure why either. 


I'm feeling better mentally and I know this because I am missing my rolling pin. Might seem a little wierd, but I'm serious about this. Most mornings, as I begin the transition from the peace of slumber into the sure-as-shit chaos of life, I have come to rely on a few constants. Now that I have these dread locks I have inadvertenly added another. But the four that I had before were the crowing of a rooster; the smell of cow shit and the grizzly bear masquerading as my husband snoring next to me. But, the best constant is/was that up to about a month ago, I would get up every single morning and bake something. Usually I make cookies but sometimes I would bake my morning Chocolate Chip Orange Scones. The cookie recipe is tried and tested and not going to get any better but the scones and a few other pastries are still a work in progress. Anyway about a month ago or so, I stopped thinking about cooking and baking altogether. This was the first sign that something was wrong. At first I told myself that I had just burned myself out but after a few weeks and still no interest and actually a complete loss of interest in alot of other things I decided I should talk to my doctor. I wont bore anyone with the rest of the story, but suffice to say that my hormone patch is now the size of  band-aid. Pretty soon its gonna be the size of a tire patch. Oh well, this ass that's in a constant growth spurt will be able to accomodate any size patch I'm sure. But, I'm feeling better and tonite, I read through my notes of unfinished recipes and picked two for testing tomorrow.

Since we last talked, I have purchased a new curling iron and a bunch of makeup. I went out for coffee and had a lovely lunch date with my friend Erica. Oh yeah, the pumps arrived today. Wouldn't you know it, just my luck that hubby stayed home because he's sick and because someone had to wait for the directv guy. So he recieved the box from the UPS dude. Said not a word, just left the box on the counter. The pumps are beautiful and very comfy.

The grizzly bear has assumed his natural night time pose and is in the "purring" stage of the snoring process. After a while he's gonna sound like a Honda motor from a mini bike. Soon enough he will rev it up and start to sound like a lawnmower. After that and in the final stage of the process, I swear he will sound like a souped up Chevy with tailpipes. Inevitably he will wake himself up and say 
"did I saw a few logs honey" ? to which I usually reply, "saw a few logs?..you cut down the whole fucking forest".

Goodnite.

 Update on the extensions
I'm thinking they are giving me an FF look. Not sure how I feel about that.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment